How to add and edit events in the events module.
This Article Covers the Following Sections
- Adding an Event Item
- Editing an Event Item
- Activating an Event Item
- Deactivating Event Item
- Approving an Event Item
- Deleting an Event Item
- Cloning an Event Item
- Notifying the App
Adding an Event Item
To add an Event Item select "Add an Event" from the left hand menu:
A new screen for Add An Event will appear as shown below: (Note: depending on your module settings you may not see the Registration or Ticketing Tabs).
There are 7 tabs of information. Only the first tab has mandatory fields and the others are all optional with the exception of the Refund Policy on the Ticketing tab. See Selling Event Tickets for more information on this section.
The tabs you will see are:
- Event Name
- Event Start Date
- Start Time (optional)
- Event End Date
- Event End Time (optional)
- Event Timezone - this will default to your Site Time Zone but can be changed per event.
- Event Type (optional)
- Event Short Description - max 500 characters (optional) - this will be displayed on the event list page
- Event Long Description (using Content Editor) - This will be displayed on the individual event page
- All event location details: this will be shown with a Google Map link on the event display if an address is entered
- If your event is an online meeting/webinar/training, you can add the URL in to the "Video conferencing/meeting link" field, and this will be displayed in the event details, and also emailed to the registrant and displayed in their "my events" members area.
- Upload Images, thumbnail images and pdf documents to the event here if required. The Main image size is displayed on the individual event page (recommended 800px x 400px) , and the thumbnail image is displayed on the events list page
- Contact Details
- All of the details for the contact person for this event. If an email address exists in 'Contact' then only that email will receive a notification when someone registers. The WebMaster contact in 'Site Details' will not receive an email notification
- If a contact email address doesn't exist in 'Contact' then only the WebMaster will receive an email notification when someone registers.
- The option to make the Event 'public' or 'not public'. If you choose to not make the event public, you are presented with a choice of 'roles' you wish to enable access to the event.
In order for this to work you need to make the 'Events page' that is linked to the Events module public, and then edit the Security on any existing 'Events'.
- This tab gives some optional fields to add additional information to your event
- If you wish to take online registration please select “yes” for "Allow Online Registration"
- If you want to take online payments, select "Yes" for "Accept Online Payments"
(**Note** having this set to no, when online registration (above) is turned on, will collect an RSVP for attendees, but not take payments)
- Share Registrations option is used to allow members to see other attendees in the Member Jungle App
- Maximum Registrations: Set the maximum amount of people that will be allowed to register for this event.
(**Note** This works with online registrations only, and will not work with online payments/ticketing, as this has its own max limit settings)
- Registrations Open field is used to set a date that the registration or ticketing will be available for members.
- Registrations Close field is used to set a date that the registration period is closed.
- Registration message: here you can construct a message that is displayed to the users after a successful event registration and is also included in the registration email that is sent to your members.
- Send Email on Registration: if set to yes, this option will send an email to the registrant along with the Registration Message above.
- Note: a registration email is always sent to the site contact or event contact if configured.
- For more information on event registrations see "Taking Online Registrations below"
- See additional information on Selling Event Tickets
- NOTE: Online ticketing is only available if you have a payment gateway setup. If you can’t see this tab please raise a support request.
Once you have completed the fields you wish to use, click the Save & Close button.
You will now be returned to the Events Administration Area where your event item will be displayed as inactive and awaiting approval.
EDITING AN EVENT ITEM
If you have a long list of events you can search for the event name using the search bar in the top right corner of the screen.
- To edit an Event, click on the Edit button, located to the right of the Event Name you wish to edit
- A new screen will appear with all of the same fields as the Add An Event window
- Once you have made the relevant changes, click on the Save & Close button
You will now be returned to the Events Administration Area where your event item changes will be awaiting Submission
ACTIVATING AN EVENT ITEM
- Once you have added an Event Item it will automatically be created as Inactive. (Therefore the Event Item will not appear on your website).
- To make an Event Item Active, click on the red Activate button to the right of the Event Name. The button will change to green Activate.
DEACTIVATING AN EVENT ITEM
- To remove an Event Item from your live website you need to make the Event Item Inactive.
- To make an Event Item Inactive, click on the green Activate button to the right of the Event Name. The button will change to red inactive.
APPROVING AN EVENT ITEM
- How to approve an Event Item depends on which Powersites package you are using
- There may be three levels of Approval before the Event Item appears on your live website
- Activate, Submit
- Activate, Submit, Approve
- For more information on approvals and permissions see Creating Roles and Permissions for users
DELETING AN EVENT ITEM
- To delete an Event Item, click on the Delete button, located to the right of the Event Name
- A warning screen will appear, click OK to proceed with the deletion
CLONING AN EVENT ITEM
Cloning an event is only available to Site Administrators.
- You have the ability to clone an event if you have similar event items. This will duplicate the event along with all of its information, images, documents, ticketing and forms. You can then edit the event to suit
- To clone an event, click on the Clone icon next to the event you would like to clone, on the events list page
- You will then see a popup open with the event details. You can edit these details before finalising the clone. Click Clone EVENT to finish cloning the event
NOTIFYING THE APP
- To send a push notification through to the mobile app the event must first be active.
- Click on the Notify App icon to the right of the relevant event
- All users of the Member Jungle app for your club will be sent a push notification to their mobile device