Creating and editing Powerdata Forms
Create Your Own Custom PowerData Forms
The PowerData Module allows you to create your own forms on your website so you can
- Collect custom information per form.
- Be notified by email when someone completes a form by email.
- Access all of the form submissions from your website and export them to csv.
Accessing the PowerData Module
To access the PowerData Module you will need to click on the Modules tab in the top menu and select PowerData Forms from the list.
If you can't see the PowerData Module, please raise a support case and we can turn it on for you.
Add a New Form
When you click on the PowerData Module you will see a list of forms that you may already have on your website. To add a new form click on the "Add Form" button located in the left navigation.
You will then need to give your new form a Name. Enter the name and click ‘SAVE NAME’.
Next you will be prompted to add form fields. There are many options for form fields, some of which also have field options like Radio Buttons. Once ready, click ADD FIELD to save the first field. For an explanation of all field types please see below.
To add additional fields, click
You can reorder the fields by click and dragging the plus icon in the top left of the field.
- The eye icon will show or hide the field preview.
- The tick box will activate or deactivate the field.
- The pencil icon will open the edit context.
- The trash can will delete the field.
Clone A Form
To create an exact clone of a Powerdata form, you can select the Clone icon located on the far right of the forms list.
This will take you directly to the form settings for you to name your new Cloned form, and make any changes to the settings or fields as required.
Explanation of Field Types
Captcha: If you have a captcha field on your form it will help reduce SPAM and prevents robots sending through dummy submissions.
Checkboxes: This allows you to create a number of different options and let users tick multiple options. If you select this type it will give you an additional section for you to add your “Field Options”. Type the option name into the input field and click “Add” it will appear in a list below. If you wish to re-order the fields, click on the arrow located to the left of the field and drag it to where you would like it to be. To delete a field click on the rubbish bin icon on the far right of the field.
Date: A simple date field with calendar selector
Email Address: the email address of the user .
File Upload: This allows people to upload a file.
HTML Content: This field type allows you to write more detailed content or insert links and documents.
Horizontal Lines : This is just a visual line that will appear on your form to break up the content.
Image Upload: This allows users to upload an image.
Numeric Input Field: This field will only allow numbers, if a user tries to submit a form with any other characters they will be prompted to change their entry.
Phone Number: A field to add in a phone number.
Plain Text Memo Field: This is a field that allows users to input long text answers i.e. descriptions, comments etc.
Radio Buttons: This option allows you to create a number of options and ask members to select one. If you select this type it will give you an additional section for you to add your “Field Options”. Type the option name into the input field and click “Add” it will appear in a list below. If you wish to re-order the fields, click on the arrow located to the left of the field and drag it to where you would like it to be. To delete a field click on the rubbish bin icon on the far right of the field.
Section Headings: This will allow you to create a heading to format your form into easier to read sections.
Select Box: This type will allow you to create a dropdown list of options and allow users to select one from the list. . If you select this type it will give you an additional section for you to add your “Field Options”. Type the option name into the input field and click “Add” it will appear in a list below. If you wish to re-order the fields, click on the arrow located to the left of the field and drag it to where you would like it to be. To delete a field click on the rubbish bin icon on the far right of the field.
Text Input Field: This is the basic form field which allows users to enter text information.
Time: A time field.
Yes/No Radio Buttons: An easy way to add a Yes and No button option which allows users to select one option.
Once you have completed the details above click on the "Add Field" Button.
The field will be instantly added and live on your form.
Editing Form Settings
To edit the settings of a form, click on the edit icon next to the form name.
Here you can change what address the form submissions are sent to, what message the user sees when they have submitted the form and if the form data will be included in the email notification to the admin.
You can also configure the system to send a copy of the form submission to the responder for their records.
The DATA COLLECTION button will display any form submissions.
The edit icon allows you to edit the field properties.
The ACTIVATE icon allows you to inactivate the fields. If the icon is a green tick this means that this field is currently active on your membership form. Click on this icon to deactivate the field.
If the ACTIVATE icon is red then this field is currently inactive on your membership form. Clicking on the icon allows you to activate the fields.
SHOW IN MODULES MENU will list the form name in the MODULES menu. You may like to enable this option for forms that have many submissions. The Modules menu link will take you directly to the Data Collection page for that form.
FORM FIELDS button allows you to edit, add, remove fields for that form.
The DELETE icon allows you to delete the field. NOTE: This will delete all data that has ever been stored in this field plus remove the field from current application forms.
Reviewing Form Submissions - Data Collection
By default, form submissions will be emailed to the main email address that is stored in contact details on your website. If you would like to customise who will receive submissions on the form you can do this by editing the form settings. See above Editing Form settings heading.
You can access your form submissions one of two ways:
- Click on Modules in the top navigation bar and your form name will appear in the list of modules
- Click on Modules in the top navigation bar and click on PowerData Forms, then click on the Data Set Reports in the left navigation. Click the graph icon next to the form you wish to view submissions on.
• Search Results - From here you can search the results by Date Submitted and also choose what field they are sorted by
• To view the form submission click on the "Details" link located to the far right of the list. Note: If you have lots of fields you may have to scroll all the way to the right of the screen to see the Details link
• You can Delete the form data - if you wish to delete the form click on the bin icon on the far right of the submission . Note: If you have lots of fields you may have to scroll all the way to the right of the screen
• Delete All Data: If you wish to delete all form submissions you can click on the "DELETE ALL DATA" Button located above the results. This is not reversible.
• Export to CSV: You can also export all of your form submissions to a csv file for further review.
Adding a Form to a Page
To display a form on a page you will need to create a page on your website for the form to go.
Once you have a page ready, you can add the form as a Widget.
To do this:
- Go to the pages administration area.
- Click the Widgets icon next to the page you would like to add the form to.
- Click the button.
- Scroll down to Powerdata Forms in the list, and select the Add Widget button next to Power Data Form on the right of the pop up.
- You can then find the Powerdata form widget on your list of widgets on the screen, and click on the cog.
- Select the PowerData form name from the drop down list. If you would like a heading above the form, then include this text in the Form Header Text field.
- Click Save
- Your form will now appear on the page.