How to view and manage your group memberships
In this article
Approving a Pending Group Membership
If your membership level is not set to auto approve memberships (see Membership Level Setup) then your members will go into a pending status.
An administrator will need to approve these pending memberships by logging in to the administration area and going in to the membership module.
On the Membership Overview page, you will see a "Pending Members" widget where you can view the members that are currently awaiting approval.
From here, an administrator can:
- Decline a pending membership by clicking
- Approve a pending membership by
- Selecting the icon
- Selecting the icon and marking the member as paid (this symbol will be shown for members who have selected a manual payment method)
Adding Secondary Group Members
An administrator can add Secondary Members to a group membership by searching for the Primary Members name in the membership area. click on their name and then select the "Secondary Members" tab.
Select the button.
You can then select the membership level that the secondary member should be added to. Only the membership levels that the Primary Member owns a current membership in will be available to select.
Complete the membership form for the Secondary Member. If you complete the Username field, then the Secondary Member will be sent an email to set up their password in order to login. See Secondary Member Access for more information
When you click save, the Secondary Member will display in the Secondary Members tab.
Viewing Group Members & Their Relationships
When a primary group member creates their membership and adds the secondary members, they are able to select the relationship each secondary member is to them (dependant, partner or employee). To set the available relationship options, see Selecting Group Relationships.
As administrator it is possible to view all of the members that are part of a group membership by clicking on the primary members name and selecting the "Secondary Members" tab. Here you will be able to see all members that have a Secondary Membership under that Primary Member. You can view the members name (and click on their name to view their full details), their relationship, the membership level they are Secondary Member of, expiry and their membership card. You also have the "more" section where you have several more options that are available for your members.
In your membership lists, you will also notice this symbol beside some members names. This means that this person is a Secondary Member in a Group Membership. If you hover over this symbol, you will be able to see the relationship to the Primary Member.
Archiving a Group Member
A Group Member can be archived by clicking thenext to their name, and selecting "Archive Member".
Archiving a Primary Member will disable the account, and it will also archive any Secondary Members that are in their Group Membership.
Archiving a Secondary Member will disable their account and when viewing the Primary Members details, they will be shown in the Secondary Member list as archived. A Secondary Member can be restored into the Group Membership from this area.
Restoring Archived Group Members
If a secondary group member has been archived, it is possible to restore their membership by
- click on the primary members name
- select the "Secondary Members" tab. This will show a list of all members that have been a part of the group membership and their current status. If a member is archived, you will see this indicated under the members name.
- Click on the icon next to the archived members name to view the options drop down.
- Select Restore Member from the drop down list. You will see the below pop up
- Confirm the membership level(s) you wish to restore the member into, and their membership expiry date (Note: As admin, you do have the ability to edit the expiry date of the Secondary Member. If you make this member's expiry date after the Primary Members expiry, this Secondary Member will still have all membership privileges of a current member, despite the Group Membership possibly expiring).
- Click "Restore Secondary Member" and the member will now be restored to a current membership status for the chosen membership level(s).
Renew a Primary & Secondary Group Member
If an administrator needs to manually renew a Primary Group Member, they can do so by following the steps in the article Renewing Members.
Note: Renewing the Primary Group Member's Membership into the group level, will renew all associated secondary members.
Removing a Member from level
Removing a member from a level will strip the members username and password, and if they wish to re-join, they will need to re-sign back up to the membership level. They will not have the option to renew.
To remove a member, click the beside their name and select "Remove From Level"
This will display a pop up to confirm your decision to remove this member from the membership level.
If your member is a Secondary Member in a Group Membership, they will be removed from that Group, and the Primary Member would need to re-sign them back in to the Group should they return.
If your member is a Primary Member in a Group Membership, all of the Secondary Members under that Group Membership will also be removed from level.
Editing expiry dates for a Group Member
A Primary Group Member's expiry date can be edited just like that of an ordinary member.
Simply click on the edit icon next to the members expiry date and enter the new expiry date.
Keep in mind, that editing a Primary Member's expiry date, will also edit the expiry of all of the Secondary Members in their Group Membership.
A Secondary Members expiry date cannot be edited.
Editing a members details
An administrator can edit a members details in the membership module, the same as an ordinary member. See View & Edit a Members Details
Reporting for Group Memberships
All of the reporting is available to Members in a Group Membership, as is available for ordinary Membership Levels.
When you export a Member Register Report for a Group Membership, you will see the additional fields that contain the relationships of the Secondary Members, including Member Type (the relationship type), Primary First Name and Last Name (of the Primary Group Member) and the Primary Member Number (the Primary Member's Membership number).
What a Primary Member can access
A Primary Member can access all of the standard tabs in the membership area, with the addition of the Group Membership features, including:
- all members information that are part of their Group Membership, including:
- Secondary Members name, address, phone number, membership card, profile picture etc - and the ability to edit all of these details per member
- membership tax invoices/past payments
- when the membership is within the leeway days, the Primary Member will be able to see the Renew Now button, and will be able to proceed with renewing the Group Membership
- add, edit and delete Secondary Members in the Group Membership
- For more information on what the Primary Member can access, see Group Memberships - As a Primary Member
What a Secondary Member can access
If your Group Membership level settings allow, then the Secondary Members in a Group Membership can be allocated their own login access.
The Primary Member must complete the Username field in order for the Secondary Member to be emailed a link to set up their login details. Once a Secondary Member has set up their login, they can then access their membership area, which gives them access to:
- members area - where they can update their demographic details, login details, view their membership card, and view their history in Events, Store, Catalogue, Listings, etc (depending on the modules available on your website). For more information on the Members Area, visit What a Member See's When Logged In
- mobile app - full access to all features
- any role restricted pages that are enabled to the Group Membership level
A Secondary Member cannot see:
- past payments made for the Group Membership
- the renew button, when within the Leeway Days
- other Group Members details
Transfer Secondary Member to Another Primary
An administrator can transfer a secondary member to another primary member by going to primary members' 'secondary members' tab . Select the secondary member that you want to be transferred by clicking the located at the right side of the screen.
This option can also be found by going directly to the secondary member in the members list and click the located at the right side.
Click the ' Transfer with other Primary '.
Type the name of the primary member that you would like to transfer the secondary member to, and click 'Change Primary Member'. (NB: if the member does not show in the results in this search, they are not an eligible primary member, and cannot have secondaries)
A pop-up message will appear once transferring of secondary member is successful.
Note: Transferring of secondary members will not check if the new primary member owns a group membership. It will allow an administrator to transfer a secondary to a member in a non-group membership at their discretion.
Swap primary member
'Swap a primary member' means that a secondary member can switch with the Primary member. The original primary will then become a secondary member of the group membership. To do this, login as administrator and go to the primary members' 'secondary members' tab . Select the secondary member that you want to swap be the primary member by clicking the located at the right side of the screen.
You can also swap the primary and secondary members by going directly to the secondary member in your members list and click the located on the right side.
Click the ' Swap with Primary '.
A pop-up message will appear, click the ' Swap with Primary '.
This message will appear once successful.
NOTE: A primary member can only be a primary member. They cannot also be a secondary member in a group membership. Therefore when you swap a primary and a secondary member, all memberships under that primary member will be transferred to the new primary member.
Unlink secondary member
Unlinking secondary members means removing them from the group membership, and turning them into a primary member of the same membership product.
To do this, login as administrator and go to the primary members' 'secondary members' tab . Select the secondary member that you want to be unlinked by clicking the located at the right side of the screen.
You can also unlink a secondary by going directly to the secondary member in your members list and click the located at the right side.
Click the ' Unlink Member '.
A pop-up message will appear, click the 'Unlink '.
This message will pop-up once successful.