How to import email subscribers into the Email & SMS Campaign.
If you wish to import subscribers into an email campaign click on the "Email Campaign" button in the left navigation and select Import Email Subscribers.
You will see instructions on what fields you can import located at the top of the screen:
- The first column is always the email address.
- The second column is the first name if the subscriber is a person.
- The third column is the last name for a person or the name of an organisation if the first name is blank.
- The fourth column must contain a Y for subscribed and N for unsubscribed. This is case sensitive.
- Invalid values for this column will be ignored.
- If the Subscriber has unsubscribed on your site they won't be re-subscribed by this process.
NOTE: The file that contains the subscribers to import must be a .csv file and ONLY the first three columns will be used for importing.
- Email Campaign: When you have your CSV file ready for import select the Email Campaign that you wish to import into from the drop down list. NOTE: You CANNOT import into a linked campaign or a campaign that has a module associated with it, as the email addresses are dynamically created from other modules that subscriber lists will not be used.
- Ignore First Row: If your csv has headings select "YES" for ignore the header row.
- Delete Prior Subscribers: Select Yes or No if you wish you delete prior subscribers in this list. This will permanently delete all existing subscribers.
- Match Unsubscribes: If you have included the 4th column on your spreadsheet as N and would like to update users to be unsubscribed click YES here.
- Import File: Click on the Choose File button and browse your computer to find your import spreadsheet and click "Open".
- You will see a message on the screen to tell you that the import is processing.
- Then a message will appear on the top of the screen to tell you that the import was successful.
You will also see a list of the result from your import
Rows may be skipped for the following reasons:
- Missing or invalid data.
- Subscriber already exists.
- Subscriber has been unsubscribed or deleted.
Invalid Users may:
- Have invalid email address.
- Have spaces in their email address (before or after their email address).
- You have empty columns that require information.