How to add and edit roles and permissions for users in the Security Module.
PAGE & ITEMS PERMISSIONS AND APPROVALS
- To add, or change a Users Permissions, you need to click the Security tab in the top menu bar from the Administration Area.
- Select Roles from the left side menu
- A list of current Roles is shown
ADDING A ROLE
- Scroll down to the "Add Role" section of the page, and complete the fields;
- Role Name: The name in which the Users Role will be listed under (Eg; Staff, Associate Member, etc)
- Role Description: Describe the role (Eg; Become an associate member of our great club!)
- Click Save & Close
ASSIGNING PERMISSIONS TO A ROLE
- To add or change the Permissions of a new or existing Role, click the Permissions icon
- The current Permissions are listed on this page.
- To add Permissions to the User, select the Page, or the Module from the relevant drop down list, and click Add.
- Note: when adding page permissions to a role, the module privilege 'Plain Pages' must be added along with the ITEM CONTRIBUTOR permission. This will allow granular page permissions to be set for the role.
- Once the Page or Module is listed, click to tick the boxes of the Privileges for that Role.
- Page Editor: Can edit the page content in that area of the site or the default page content associated with a module
- Item Contributor: Can add items within a module and edit only items they have added.
- Item Administrator: Can add, edit or delete all items within a module, e.g. an event
- Approver: Can approve Page Content or Items for display on the Web Site
- To delete a Permission, un-check all the boxes for the role.
- To give a user all Privileges, click Make Super User!
For each Module
- ITEM_ADMINISTRATOR full administrative access.
- ITEM_APPROVER is full access to everything . Only privilege that can send App Announcements and Approve.
- ITEM_EDITOR - can edit all Items. Can Activate and Delete. Cannot Announce.
- ITEM_CONTRIBUTOR - can edit OWN items. Can Activate and Delete own items. Cannot Announce. For Events can see my Event Reports.
EDITING A ROLE
- To Edit the name or description of a Role, click the Edit Icon next to the Role you wish to edit.
- When you have completed your changes, click Save & Close.
ADDING A USER
- To Add a User to a Role, select the Users icon next to the relevant Role.
- Select the Users name from the drop down list, and click Save.
DELETING A USER
- To Delete a User from a Role, select the Users icon next to the relevant Role.
- Click Delete next to the Users name, and click to confirm on the pop up.
DELETING A ROLE
- To Delete a Role, click the Delete icon next to the relevant role.