Create separate datasets, that help you track and report on custom fields in their own database i.e. datasets of cars, dogs or even working with children checks. All data is available for members to view in a dedicated tab in their Membership area.
Note: Datasets are an optional add-on, if you can't see them on your site and want to find out more, please raise a support ticket here.
- Setup Datasets
- Building Datasets Fields Using Form Builder
- Add Datasets to Membership Forms
- Set Limits on Membership Forms
- Export Field Data with Membership Information
- Editing Members Dataset Information
- Customising the Datasets Tab & Button on Mobile App
- Displaying Datasets in the Tab & Mobile App for your Members
- Advanced Reporting on Custom Fields
- Datasets from a Members View
To create your new datasets go the Membership Tab > Settings in the Left Menu and click "Datasets"
Click the "Add Datasets" button
Give your Dataset a Name and click "Save Name"
Building Datasets Fields Using Form Builder
Start adding fields to your datasets using the same form builder as the Membership Form by clicking "Add Field"
ICONS MEANINGS TO EDIT, HIDE, REORDER AND DELETE FIELDS
|Allows you to re-order your fields. Click on the arrow next to the field you wish to move and drag it to the place in the form you would like it to be.|
|The eye allows you to show and hide fields in your membership form administration area to make it easier to view. It simply hides the input or option fields.|
|This shows that the input or option fields are currently hidden in the membership form administration area. Click the icon to open the fields out. This has no impact on the live website.|
|This allows you to inactivate the fields. This icon means that this field is currently active on your membership form. Click on this icon to deactivate the field.|
|This allows you to activate the fields. This icon means that this field is currently inactive on your membership form. Click on this icon to activate the field.|
This icon allows you to edit the field properties.
|This icon allows you to delete the field. NOTE: This will delete all data that has ever been stored in this field plus remove the field from current application forms.|
|This image appearing beside the field Label Name will show if the field is required, to edit this status click on the edit icon.|
This image appearing beside the field Label Name will show if the field is currently inactive on the live site. To activate click on the red inactive square icon on the right hand side of the field (pictured above).
The Access Controls icon indicates that the field has some restrictions set for access and visibility for members. To view the settings, hover over this icon. To edit the access controls, click edit on the field and review/edit the settings accordingly.
ADDING A NEW FIELD
To add a new field click on the green “Add Field” Button located at the top left hand side of your form.
- Select which Field Type you require from the dropdown box (see below for more information on field types).
- Field Label: This is the name of your field that will appear on the form. It has a limited number of characters you can enter. You will need to add a HTML content field if you have a long description.
- Required: Yes/No – this will determine if the field is compulsory to complete the application.
Default/Placeholder Text: You can enter some text into this field as a placeholder until the user types in their answer.
- Field Access: Select from the options as to when the field will be editable/accessible by members (See Restricting Field Access & Visibility for more information)
- Field Visibility: Select from the options as to when/if the field will be visible to members. (See Restricting Field Access & Visibility for more information)
Once you have completed the form click on the “Add Field” Button at the bottom right of the screen.
The field will be instantly added and live on your membership form.
To edit, delete and re-order fields please see the icon meanings above.
RESTRICTING FIELD ACCESS & VISIBILITY
It is possible to set different restrictions on form fields, depending on what data you require from your members in the sign up and renewal process.
When you are adding or editing your form fields, you will have the option of setting the field access and the field visibility. These settings will give members access to the fields at various stages.
The explanations of these access settings are as follows:
- Standard: These fields will be shown to members on signup, renewal forms and also are available to be edited at any time by the member.
- Restricted: Members can set/edit the field at signup & renewal time only. They cannot edit this field in their members area at other times. The member can view the field at all times
- Locked: Members can view this field at all times, but can not edit the field
- Admin: Members never see this field. Only viewable & editable by administrators
Standard: Visible the first time a field dataset is added as well as when a member renews
Signup: Only visible the first time the field dataset is added by a member
Renewal: Only visible on renewal forms. Does not show when first adding the dataset.
Once you have restricted the access to these fields, you will see the restricted access icon display on the field in the membership level. Full details of the restriction settings will be displayed on hover.
EXPLANATION OF FIELD TYPES
- Checkboxes: This allows you to create a number of different options and let a member tick multiple options. If you select this type it will give you an additional section for you to add your “Field Options”. Type the option name into the input field and click “Add” it will appear in a list below. If you wish to re-order the fields, click on the arrow located to the left of the field and drag it to where you would like it to be. To delete a field click on the rubbish bin icon on the far right of the field.
- Date: A simple date field with calendar selector.
- Email Address: An additional email address typically not associated with the primary member.
- File Upload: This allows people to upload a file or an image with their membership application. Once you have added this field, you can click on the cog to select if you would like to force a re-upload at renewal.
- HTML Content: This field type allows you to write content insert links, images etc and is typically used to link to Terms and Conditions of membership, which is located on another page.
- Horizontal Lines : This is just a visual line that will appear on your form to break up the content.
- Image Upload: This allows members to upload an image with their allocation.
- Numeric Input Field: A field that can store a string of numbers.
- Phone Number: Additional Phone Number.
- Plain Text Memo Field: This is a field that allows users to input long text answers i.e. descriptions, comments etc.
- Radio Buttons: This option allows you to create a number of options and ask members to select one. If you select this type it will give you an additional section for you to add your “Field Options”. Type the option name into the input field and click “Add” it will appear in a list below. If you wish to re-order the fields, click on the arrow located to the left of the field and drag it to where you would like it to be. To delete a field click on the rubbish bin icon on the far right of the field.
- Section Headings: This will allow you to create a heading to format your membership form into easier to read sections.
- Select Box: This type will allow you to create a dropdown list of options and allow your members to select one from the list. . If you select this type it will give you an additional section for you to add your “Field Options”. Type the option name into the input field and click “Add” it will appear in a list below. If you wish to re-order the fields, click on the arrow located to the left of the field and drag it to where you would like it to be. To delete a field click on the rubbish bin icon on the far right of the field.
- Text Input Field: This is the basic form field which allows users to enter text information.
- Time: A time field.
- Yes/No Radio Buttons: An easy way to add a Yes and No button option which allows members to select one option.
Add Datasets to Membership Forms
To add the datasets to a membership form you will need to go into the selected membership level Membership > Membership Levels > List Levels and click the Form Fields icon next to the relevant Membership Level
Click the Add Field Button at the top of the page,
In the Field Type Dropdown at the bottom you will see a sub heading "Datasets" and all of your datasets below.
Select the Datasets that you wish to add to the form
Give the Field a Label and also select if the field is required by all members. Setting this field will add the datasets to all membership forms, if you unselect required members will have the option to add datasets themselves.
Setting Limits on Datasets
You can now also limit the number of Dataset allowed, to set the default limit click on the edit icon next to the form field
You will now see additional properties which allow you to set the default dataset limit and also control the number of datasets that can be added per membership product. Enter the default limit and if required enter the number of datasets i.e. cars allowed for each product in that level (as listed below)
You can also edit and manage the Dataset Limits within the products as well by going to
Membership > Membership Levels > List Levels > Products and entering limits for each dataset
Editing Members Dataset Information
You can edit a members dataset information the same way you would edit a custom field on a membership form. You can click on the ... beside a members name and click View Membership Data.
or click on a members profile, go to the Membership Tab and click Details next to the membership level
Click on "Edit"on the bottom right hand side of the pop-up window and scroll down the form to see the relevant dataset information you would like to edit.
When you are finished click "Save" in the bottom right of the screen. You can add, delete and edit dataset information on a members profile.
Customising the Datasets Tab & Button on Mobile App
You can give your members access to their custom datasets via a dedicated tab in their members MySite area, and also a button to access this information in the app.
To name the tab, go to Membership Module, and select General Settings from the Settings drop down.
Scroll down to see the field "Datasets Tab Name" to customise the name. Save.
This change will name both the tab in the members MySite area, and also a shortcut button in the Members Dashboard on the Mobile App.
Displaying Your Datasets in the Tab & Mobile App for your Members
Administrators can set which datasets are visible to the members in the MySite Tab and the Mobile App.
To do this, go to Membership module, and select Settings > Datasets
You will see a list of all of your datasets that have been created from administrators. To show the dataset in the members areas, check the tickbox in the "Show in MySite" column.
To see how a member will see their custom dataset information, please see our article Datasets from a Members View
Export Field Data with Membership Information
All custom fields can be exported with membership details via the standard "Export Form Data to CSV". This export will show all demographic information, all form fields and all datasets in separate columns against a member.